Please note, date and time for this event are in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
This is an invitation to
- a Paediatric Emergency Point-of-care Ultrasound ANZ Network,
- the PEM POCUS Leads Meetup in Brisbane on November 27 2015 (approximately 10-4)
- a PEM POCUS monthly journal club/image review on the fourth Thursday of the month at 10 am AEST commencing in one month (October 22- linkup details to follow)
To support and further develop practice, training and research in point-of-care ultrasound within Paediatric Emergency Medicine in Australia and New Zealand
Co-chairs (interim) Robyn Brady (CCPU) LCCH Brisbane and Adam O'Brien (DDU forthcoming) RCH Melbourne
Sister organisation: P2Network http://www.p2network.com
The purposes of the November meet-up include:
- to form a formal ANZ PEM POCUS Special Interest Group
- to share with other PEM POCUS leads and EM POCUS fore-runners on a wide range of topics including but not limited to:
- political and funding battles,
- credentialing, audit and governance
- ultrasound integrated simulations, phantoms and manikins,
- training methodology (sonographers, internal/external workshops etc)
- emerging ANZ POCUS research
- and further discussion around the creation and shared supervision of a PEM CCPU module for ASUM.
Tanya Carleton, ASUM Education Manager, will be present to support/advise us on the 27th, and representatives from Sonosite and the Australian Institute of Ultrasound have also expressed an interest in attending/supporting. We are also inviting PEM Fellows and sonographers with a particular interest in point-of-care ultrasound to contribute and attend on the 27th.
We welcome ideas of other ways this group could support PEM POCUS development in Australasia, and look forward to connecting with you through 4th Thursdays and online.