This weeks readings:
Park DB, Presley BC, Cook T, Hayden GE. Point-of-Care Ultrasound for Pediatric Shock. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2015;31(8):591-598.
- Does this article meet its CME objectives?
- Did this article just make POCUS a “standard of care” for PEM providers managing a patient in shock? Why or why not?
Jamjoom RS, Etoom Y, Solano T, Desjardins M-P, Fischer JW. Emergency Point-of-Care Ultrasound Detection of Cancer in the Pediatric Emergency Department. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2015;31(8):602-604.
- Does more nuanced, less conventional POCUS practice make you nervous or excited?
- How do you respond to this critique: “These patients would have received their gold-standard tests regardless of the POCUS”?
- Are these authors from the future?