This weeks readings:
Blanco et al. Rapid Ultrasound in Shock Velocity-Time Integral. J Ultrasound Med 2015; 34:1691–1700
- What clinical advantage do the authors suggest is gained by adding VTI to the RUSH protocol? Are you convinced?
- What technical challenges must the operator overcome to insure accuracy of the VTI measurement?
- Do you believe this technique could be modified for use in pediatric patients presenting with shock?
Saul, T et al. M-MODE ULTRASOUND APPLICATIONS FOR THE EMERGENCY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN. J of Emerg Med 2015; 1-7
- Did you know M-mode could be so “icepick” cool?
- Should EPSS replace our qualitative assessment of LV function as the best way to determine and report LV disfunction?
- Describe how M-mode is used to determine cardiac tamponade.
- Should M-mode be used routinely by EM providers in the assessment of pediatric patients with possible HCM?