This unique program emphasizes establishing technical expertise and advanced understanding of PEM-specific ePOCUS applications, learning effective ePOCUS instruction and education strategies, developing program management and leadership skills and studying ePOCUS research methods. Exposure to pioneering ePOCUS applications, industry interface, global ePOCUS initiatives and collaborative US projects within SickKids further support academic career aspirations.
Join us and be a part of the PEM ePOCUS evolution!
- Faculty shifts in the ED at SickKids: approximately eight shifts per month
- Two POCUS scanning shifts per week: scan active ED patients and instruct POCUS rotators at the bedside
- Weekly POCUS Journal Club: participate in an interactive discussion of pivotal and cutting-edge POCUS literature
- Weekly image review sessions: participate in an interactive quality assessment of recent clinical POCUS scans
- Monthly didactic teaching: presenting core content, and new ideas in a 20-minute mini-lecture for POCUS faculty and rotators
- Quarterly divisional teaching: present a 30-minute lecture at Rounds for faculty and trainees
- Academic project: prepare an original academic work suitable for peer review
- Scholarly project: prepare an original scholarly work suitable for peer review
- Administrative project: develop a meaningful administrative contribution
Fellow Instruction and Education
- Coached 1:1 POCUS scanning shifts with POCUS faculty
- Weekly didactic teaching by POCUS faculty Annual Pre-Conference Hospital for Sick Children’s PEM POCUS Workshop
- Complexity model of evaluation and assessment
- Project Planning and Management Course (optional)
- International POCUS opportunities (optional)
- Speciality conference attendance (optional)
- Successful completion of a PEM fellowship and PEM Board Eligible in Canada or the United States
- Hold or be eligible for a certificate of registration to practice medicine in Ontario as issued by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Application submission deadline is September 10th, 2017.
- Up to two positions will be awarded on a competitive basis annually
- Further details and compensation available upon request
Have a question? Email us!